[GNC] How to get a report in a format which is easy to edit?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Mar 6 09:52:53 EST 2024

Chris,

LibreOffice uses Draw for PDF editing, not Writer. That doesn't mean the
text isn't text. Everything is essentially in various text boxes. But
having used it quite a bit, I can attest it is way more of a pain for
large edits than either HTML or using Calc. For a small change though,
it is just fine.

I've edited many GnuCash reports using Calc. It is by far the easiest
route and the most useful. (you can do additional math if needed)

But of course, use whatever tool you prefer.

Also, as I mentioned, investigate stylesheets in GnuCash. You might
achieve what you want without using an outside tool at all.

Regards,
Adrien