[GNC] Updating gnucash

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Mar 27 12:46:45 EDT 2024

In addition to the advice given by the other replies, it is advised to
run Actions > Check & Repair > Check & Repair All when first opening a
file after an upgrade between major releases.

These checks and repairs are supposed to run automatically, but that
doesn't always go smoothly or completely for everyone, hence the
recommendation to do so manually.

The only other concern with an upgrade would be if you had custom
reports that use deprecated code in the new version. But this is rare.
By 'custom' I mean either you, or someone for you, coded them in Scheme.
I'm not referring to merely Saved Configurations of included reports.

Regards,
Adrien