ANNOUNCE: GnuCash 2.2.5 Released
andi5.py at gmx.net
Mon Apr 28 01:22:29 EDT 2008
GnuCash 2.2.5 released
The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.2.5 aka
"Do what I mean", the fifth bug fix release in a series of stable
releases of the GnuCash Free Accounting Software.
GnuCash 2.2.5 can be downloaded from gnucash.org or sourceforge.net.
It is available as source code. For the Microsoft Windows operating
system there is a self-installing setup program which includes all
necessary additional libraries.
To install GnuCash on other platforms, users will need Gnome 2, guile,
and slib. Neither the currently used swig nor the previously used
g-wrap packages are needed anymore when compiling from tarball or when
installing a binary.
(Source code and Windows binary)
(Source code only)
What's New in GnuCash 2.2.5?
* #166101: Register: Topmost splits' accounts are rewritten confusingly
* #341414: QIF Import: Changing account separator breaks saved account
* #341608: Transaction Report: Filtering void/non-void doesn't work
* #347474: Register: Tab goes to wrong split
* #396665: QIF Import: Detect and convert non-ascii character encoding
of QIF files
* #450354: QIF Import, Win32: Can only load files from ascii paths
* #475960: Reconciliation: Postponed balances of liability accounts
are not reversed correctly
* #467529: Check Printing: Align_n not working in custom check
* #509089: QIF Import: Duplicates windows shown after Scheme error
* #511182: QIF Import: Saved commodity mappings lost after import to
new GnuCash file
* #511231: QIF Import: Use QIF security type to provide better default
* #512208: QIF Import: New commodities remain if import canceled
* #512841: Register: Crash in expression parser on nullary functions,
* #514027: QIF Import: Commodities page is skipped if you go back to
* #519988: QIF Import: Error reporting doesn't follow GnuCash
* #520606: QIF import: Memo mappings for non-split, non-investment
transactions are ignored
* #521957: Auto-save not canceled on opening other files
* #522795: QIF Import: Does not support "ShtSell" or "CvrShrt"
* #523194: QIF Import: Existing commodities can cause import failure
* #523922: GnuCash ships the wrong scalable icon and no small (22²,
* #527459: QIF Import: Support voided transactions
* #527886: QIF Import: Support QIF numeric formats of 12'345.67 as
produced by Quicken 4
* #529232: Average Balance Report: Reversing the starting balance
distorts the numbers
* Add a new Liberty(tm) check format
* Show QIF import documentation by default
* Improve cancel behavior in reconciliation window
* Fix a few memory leaks
* Update translations: Brazilian Portuguese, German, Romanian,
Russian, Swiss German
Many thanks go to
How can You help?
* We would like to encourage people to test this and any further
releases as much as possible and submit bug reports in order that we
can continuously polish GnuCash to be as stable as possible. Simply
post any bugs you find to bugzilla
* If you have the urge to help beyond testing please get involved in the
discussions on the GnuCash mailing lists which you will find at
http://www.gnucash.org. We especially need people to help with
updating the documentation. Please see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Development on how to get involved.
* Translating: The GnuCash 2.2.0 release came with some new translation
strings. If you consider contributing a translation, we invite you
to work with the translation template in this package. Our
development is in String Freeze now, so you can safely work on our
translation. Please check
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation_Status for updates on this.
About the Program
GnuCash is a free, open source accounting program released under the GNU
General Public License (GPL) and available for GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris,
Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows. Programming on GnuCash began in 1997,
and its first stable release was in 1998.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil
Url : http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-announce/attachments/20080428/c31dc436/attachment.bin
More information about the gnucash-announce