ANNOUNCE: GnuCash 2.2.8 Released
andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun Dec 14 02:22:20 EST 2008
GnuCash 2.2.8 released
The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.2.8 aka
"Crisis-Proof", the eighth bug fix release in a series of stable
releases of the GnuCash Free Accounting Software.
GnuCash 2.2.8 can be downloaded from gnucash.org or sourceforge.net.
It is available as source code. For the Microsoft Windows operating
system there is a self-installing setup program which includes all
necessary additional libraries.
To install GnuCash on other platforms, users will need Gnome 2, guile,
and slib. Neither the currently used swig nor the previously used
g-wrap packages are needed anymore when compiling from tarball or when
installing a binary.
(Source code and Windows binary)
(Source code only)
What's New in GnuCash 2.2.8?
* #115066: "Search For" dialog shows all when criteria is left as
* #128774: "Edit exchange rate" context menu item disfunctional often
* #137017: date of transaction change with time zone change
* #339433: TiaaCref price quote dates off by one day
* #340041: 0 as an amount should be allowed in Exchange Editor
* #345980: changing Stylesheet doesn't commit
* #347274: to track the difference between budgeted and actual amounts
in the budget report
* #348860: Error with saved multicolumn reports
* #405472: Unable to save changes on files opened over FUSE and sshfs
* #432457: Security/stock import should follow tutorial regarding
* #435427: "Generic import transaction matcher" dialog does not sort
* #436342: Currency exchange druid does not show on changed
* #436920: crash on loading OFX data for a commodity that exists
without cusip field
* #492417: currency mapping of New Israeli Shekel
* #529494: Wrong fractional precision in register with multi-currency
* #532889: Monthly scheduled payments preview shows wrong dates
* #536299: Fix two underlinking issues
* #539947: OpenSolaris:__FUNCTION__ not defined in sun cc
* #543332: Severe performance regression in Average Balance report
* #548218: OpenSolaris: $(expression) cause configure error on solaris
* #554042: OpenSolaris: configure fail on checking 'unsigned long is
at least as big as guint32'
* #557604: date-utilities.scm typos
* #557374: MT940 import does not work
* #563160: Multicolumn report: Confusing order of "Column span" and
* #563273: crash in GnuCash Finance Management: Starting GnuCash
* #564033: aqbanking plugin: g_module_open failed: WEXITSTATUS
* Fix account defaulting for posting vendor bill
* Fix tax-related inconsistency in UI
* Fix the average cost price source computation for a certain case
* Add account templates: Dutch, Finnish
* Update account templates: Italian, Slovak
* Update translations: Finnish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese,
Russian, Slovak, Simplified Chinese
Many thanks go to
G. Paul Ziemba
J. Alex Aycinena
How can You help?
* We would like to encourage people to test this and any further
releases as much as possible and submit bug reports in order that we
can continuously polish GnuCash to be as stable as possible. Simply
post any bugs you find to bugzilla
* If you have the urge to help beyond testing please get involved in the
discussions on the GnuCash mailing lists which you will find at
http://www.gnucash.org. We especially need people to help with
updating the documentation. Please see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Development on how to get involved.
* Translating: The GnuCash 2.2.0 release came with some new translation
strings. If you consider contributing a translation, we invite you
to work with the translation template in this package. Our
development is in String Freeze now, so you can safely work on our
translation. Please check
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation_Status for updates on this.
About the Program
GnuCash is a free, open source accounting program released under the GNU
General Public License (GPL) and available for GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris,
Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows. Programming on GnuCash began in 1997,
and its first stable release was in 1998.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-announce/attachments/20081214/fa58e982/attachment.bin
More information about the gnucash-announce