ANNOUNCE: GnuCash 2.2.7 Released
andi5.py at gmx.net
Fri Sep 26 19:46:27 EDT 2008
GnuCash 2.2.7 released
The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.2.7 aka
"Dates'n'Prices", the seventh bug fix release in a series of stable
releases of the GnuCash Free Accounting Software.
GnuCash 2.2.7 can be downloaded from gnucash.org or sourceforge.net.
It is available as source code. For the Microsoft Windows operating
system there is a self-installing setup program which includes all
necessary additional libraries.
To install GnuCash on other platforms, users will need Gnome 2, guile,
and slib. Neither the currently used swig nor the previously used
g-wrap packages are needed anymore when compiling from tarball or when
installing a binary.
(Source code and Windows binary)
(Source code only)
What's New in GnuCash 2.2.7?
* #139651: Register: Split transaction with multiple currencies fails
* #309863: Balance Sheet: Rounding errors with prices from pricedb
* #341362: Price Editor: Price is displayed as fraction instead of
* #376298: Price Editor: Window Contents Corrupted After Manually
Adding a Price
* #378734: Drop down calendar only works once
* #430121: Incorrect Sign Symbol for Fractional Commodity/Security Sale
* #454340: Security Editor: duplicate rows after editing a security
* #454827: Reports: Incorrect share value of stocks in foreign currency
* #464771: Investment Portfolio: Report crashes without price data
* #483393: Reports: Allow mixed denominators in numeric collectors
* #504935: Add currencies XDR and XXX
* #506873: Win32: Cannot install online price retrieval with
* #520570: Drop-down calendar for "reconcile information"
* #522095: Updating stock prices does not update totals shown in
* #526313: GnuCash does not support the new currency in Venezuela
* #529816: Supplement "CUSIP" by "ISIN", to give people outside USA a
* #539640: Price Editor: Security disappears from price list
* #539962: Void function cannot return value with sun cc
* #540148: GnuCash cannot be built with libgoffice-0.8
* #541970: Balance Sheet: "Nearest in time" exchange rate not correct
* #543061: Fractional not working in IDR (rupiah) currency
* #543780: Transfer Dialog: CRIT messages in gnucash.trace from
exchange rate dialog
* #545316: Drop-down calendar is not clickable when posting invoice
* #545722: Can't change date in dialog boxes
* #546064: gnucash.desktop file does not comply with
* #548601: AqBanking Import: Obscuring zero balance windows after
* #548891: QIF Import: GnuCash crashes when .gnucash/qif-accounts-map
* #549115: Popup calendar unresponsive in modal dialogs
* #549595: Silently removes main files while trying to save without
* #549738: Reports: Default date on aging and customer reports is too
far in the future
* #551038: Reports: Alt-O shortcut in report options dialog crashes app
* #552306: Fails to save file when using a network filesystem on Mac
* New Finnish translation
* Complete Romanian translation
* Usability improvements in the price and the security editor
* Lower number of false positives when checking aqbanking results for
* Correct import of remote names, zero balances from aqbanking3
* Update translations: Catalan, Dutch, German, Italian, Polish
Many thanks go to
Frank H. Ellenberger
How can You help?
* We would like to encourage people to test this and any further
releases as much as possible and submit bug reports in order that we
can continuously polish GnuCash to be as stable as possible. Simply
post any bugs you find to bugzilla
* If you have the urge to help beyond testing please get involved in the
discussions on the GnuCash mailing lists which you will find at
http://www.gnucash.org. We especially need people to help with
updating the documentation. Please see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Development on how to get involved.
* Translating: The GnuCash 2.2.0 release came with some new translation
strings. If you consider contributing a translation, we invite you
to work with the translation template in this package. Our
development is in String Freeze now, so you can safely work on our
translation. Please check
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation_Status for updates on this.
About the Program
GnuCash is a free, open source accounting program released under the GNU
General Public License (GPL) and available for GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris,
Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows. Programming on GnuCash began in 1997,
and its first stable release was in 1998.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-announce/attachments/20080927/be44dbf3/attachment.bin
More information about the gnucash-announce