ANNOUNCE: Fixed a short email outage: ClamAV crashed

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 28 09:59:20 EST 2011

Hi,

GnuCash uses the ClamAV Anti-Virus program to scan all email to protect
itself (and all you, our dear subscribers) from malware and other
nasties that get sent through the ether.  Unfortunately the clamav
people pushed out a bad update that caused the version of clamd on the
server to crash.  They've since pushed out a fixed version, but by then
the damage was done and mail had stopped flowing.

I've grabbed the updated clam database and restarted the services.  Mail
should now be flowing again.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-derek

PS: I actually noticed this first on my own personal server in that it
wasn't pushing out emails I was sending.  Once I fixed that I noticed
that gnucash.org wasn't accepting my emails.