ANNOUNCE: Announcement: GnuCash 2.4.6 Release
stimming at tuhh.de
Sun May 29 15:07:29 EDT 2011
GnuCash 2.4.6 released
The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.4.6, the sixth bug
fix release in a series of stable of the GnuCash Free Accounting Software.
With this release series, GnuCash can use an SQL database using SQLite3, MySQL
or PostgreSQL. It runs on GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Microsoft Windows and Mac
Getting GnuCash for Windows (Win32 binary)
The Gnucash 2.4.6 Win32 setup executable
can be downloaded from Sourceforge. It will install everything needed to run
Mac OSX binary
The Gnucash 2.4.6 MacOSX package
can be downloaded from Sourceforge as well.
Getting GnuCash as source code
If you want to compile GnuCash 2.4.6 for yourself, the source code can be
* You can also checkout the sources directly from the subversion
repository as described here http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Subversion
To compile GnuCash from the source code by yourself, you will need Gnome 2,
guile, slib. In addition you will need swig if compiling from subversion.
Between 2.4.5 and 2.4.6, the following bugfixes were included:
* Preserve selection around the call to gtk_editable_set_position. This
lets us drop the racy gnucash_sheet_select_data_cb, which fixes problems with
* Add a gnc_quartz_set_menu call to main_window_new() so that newly
created windows get their menus on the mac menu.
* Fix up the Mac shutdown process to give Gnucash a chance to clean up
without spewing critical errors about the main loop already running (because
of calling gnc_shutdown in an event handler).
* Bug #650241: Fix style for aging table in owner reports that has changed
(after defining doctype) Prevent inheriting the parent tablestyle for aging
table in owner-report.
* Bug #650757: Fix Easy & footer styles output wrong tags </btd> iso
</b></td> preventing HTML 4.01 Transitional validation This patch removes the
wrong </btd> tags and closes the center tag in the footer and easy
* Bug #645221: Patch to show the headline as an h3 across all stylesheets
The attached patch makes sure that the title fonts set through the options
menu behaves consistently across all style sheets.
* Bug #620123: Patch to make account name a header cell, iso td in trial-
* Bug #648554: SQL backend doesn't correctly save taxable flag on bills.
* Bug #650163: Fix Technicolor style that outputs wrong tags <btd> instead
* Bug #650139: Fix missing doctype preventing HTML 4.01 transitional
validation Exported reports lack a document type, preventing HTML validation.
When exporting this may lead browsers to incorrectly read the reports
generated by GnuCash.
* Bug #650138: Style plain: Fix incorrect <p> tag around <h3> preventing
HTML 4.01 transitional validation
* Bug #649992: Let owner-report aging table include due date / post date
options in aging. The attached patch patches the owner report to: *Allow a
choice between the use of Due Date and Date Posted *Report with the current
* Bug #649608: Skip non-enabled Scheduled Transactions for Future Txn
* Update Slovak translation, copied from the Translation Project.
* Bug #646729: Create the lockfile with at least read write user
* Bug #647945: Add sanity check to hopefully fix crash when running custom
* Bug #644897: Correctly link in libgncmod-report-gnome.la to avoid
linking against an installed version.
* Bug #646268: Fix missing GWEN_SYNCIO initialization.
* Bug #644762: Deprecated __new__() call in function_class.py
* Bug #647360: Invoice entries in expense voucher are created in old
voucher, not in new one. It worked fine for customer invoices, and vendor
bills, but not expense vouchers, where the feature was broken all along.
* Bug #647242: Fix broken averaging for quarter or half-year step size
* Bug #647316: Fix crash when deleting custom report if no backup file
existed. Before deleting the backup file by (delete-file), it must be checked
whether the to-be-deleted file exists, otherwise the guile procedure will
* Fix warning about NULL guid_list in xaccQueryAddAccountGUIDMatch, which
caused some total amounts in reports to disappear. Apparently gnc:account-get-
trans-type-splits-interval didn't watch out for empty lists of accounts, and
the resulting split list somehow was bogus. Now that we check for empty
account list, all is fine again. This was broken for some months by now, maybe
* Bug #628342 - Quick open on File menu deleted if failed
* Bug #629156 Recently Used Filenames incorrectly displayed
In 2.4.6, translations for Japanese language were updated.
About the Program
GnuCash is a free, open source accounting program released under the GNU
General Public License (GPL) and available for GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Mac
OSX and Microsoft Windows. Programming on GnuCash began in 1997, and its first
stable release was in 1998.
More information about the gnucash-announce