ANNOUNCE: Unplanned network outage of GnuCash Services

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 19 09:42:25 EDT 2012

Good morning,

Many of you probably noticed the network outage that started yesterday
afternoon, taking down email, wiki, subversion, and other gnucash
services.  The problem was identified and fixed this morning:  a bad
splice in an outdoor cable.  The splice was repaired, sealed, and is now
held above ground which should prevent potential future water damage.

Bits are now flowing again, albeit slowly.  (Now I get to call about the
900ms RTTs)

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-derek

PS: I am going to be planning another outage to migrate the power
distribution of the servers after installing a new UPS system.  I'll
send email about that outage once I plan it.  First I have to install
the UPS ;)