ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Planned Server Outage today, 8pm US/EST (0100UTC)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 2 09:14:00 EST 2015

Hi All,

I've ordered a new switch for my network (it should arrive today) and
need to install and deploy it.  Doing so will require that I rewire
parts of the server rack affecting connectivity of all the machines
therein, including the gnucash server (code).  This outage will affect
email, git, wiki, etc.  Everything except for www.gnucash.org.

Unless I accidentally hit the wrong wire the outage should be short --
the most time will be spent physically installing the switch in the
rack.

Hopefully you wont notice the outage at all ;)

I'll send immediate updates to #gnucash on IRC before I start and after
I complete, and send another email when the maintenance is complete.

Please let me know if this timing is an issue.