ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Unplanned reboot of code.gnucash.org this morning

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Aug 27 09:04:46 EDT 2019

Hi,

TL;DR: Code.gnucash.org stopped responding so I had to force-reboot
it this morning; it appears that everything is back online.

Long version:
This morning @fell noticed that gncbot was missing from #gnucash and
pinged me about it.  I tried to login to code but couldn't -- the login
wouldn't complete.  I tried to access the shell and login would not
complete, there, either.  After several attempts to access code directly
and indirectly failed, the only remaining approach to regain access was
to forcibly reboot.  I did that this morning around 6:48am US/EDT.

At that time, gncbot returned, mail started flowing again, and web
access returned.

I have not spent any time log-hunting to figure out what might have
happened, but whatever wedged the server happened sometime around 4am
(according to the logs for when gncbot left #gnucash).

More information if/when I get it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745