ANNOUNCE: [GNC] IRC: irc.gnome.org Alias Changed

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Dec 9 16:16:28 EST 2022

There are literally dozens of IRC clients out there to choose from.

If you care about Matrix, then I suggest you contact them about it; it was
working before, so I'm sure they can make it work again.  We have no
control over such third-party integrations.

While we do have a channel registered over at libera, it is not actively
monitored, logged, or maintained at this time, so using it is completely
at your own risk.

-derek

On Fri, December 9, 2022 9:20 am, JokerGermany wrote:
> Looks like you can join as Matrix user anymore because irc.gimp.org
> isn't bridged to matrix? =(
>
> Am Dienstag, dem 29.11.2022 um 15:47 -0800 schrieb John Ralls:
>> The Gnome infrastructure team has changed the alias for irc.gnome.org
>> from irc.gimp.org to irc.libera.chat. That means that the #gnucash
>> IRC channel on irc.gnome.org is no longer the one monitored by the
>> GnuCash team. If you have configured an IRC client to connect to
>> #gnucash on irc.gnome.org you need to reconfigure it to connect on
>> irc.gimp.org.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745