r23605 - gnucash-docs/branches/2.4/guide/C - [r23601]Bug 693493 - Add text to Tutorial 2.2.3 to explain Debit/Credit Columns in register
jralls at code.gnucash.org
Mon Dec 23 18:29:50 EST 2013
Date: 2013-12-23 18:29:50 -0500 (Mon, 23 Dec 2013)
New Revision: 23605
[r23601]Bug 693493 - Add text to Tutorial 2.2.3 to explain Debit/Credit Columns in register
Patch by David T.
--- gnucash-docs/branches/2.4/guide/C/ch_txns.xml 2013-12-23 23:29:42 UTC (rev 23604)
+++ gnucash-docs/branches/2.4/guide/C/ch_txns.xml 2013-12-23 23:29:50 UTC (rev 23605)
@@ -139,17 +139,7 @@
receiving a paycheck involves other accounts besides simply
- <para>To add the paycheck split transaction from the
- <emphasis>Assets:Checking</emphasis> account register window, click
- on a new transaction line and click <guibutton>Split</guibutton>. Enter
- the description of this transaction on the first line (e.g.
- <quote>Employers R Us</quote>). In the split line below this, enter
- the various splits that make up this transaction, one by one. To
- enter the splits, first choose the account, then enter the amount by
- which to change the account. Then click the next split line and
- repeat the process.</para>
+ <para>To add the paycheck split transaction from the<emphasis role="italic"> Assets:Checking</emphasis> account register window, click on a new transaction line and click <guilabel>Split</guilabel>. Note that if you have set your register view to Auto-Split or Transaction Journal, the splits will be opened for you. Enter the description of this transaction on the first line(e.g. “Employers R Us”). In the split lines below this, enter the various splits that make up this transaction, one by one. To enter the splits, first choose the account, then enter the amount by which to change the account. Keep in mind that when in an asset account register, amounts entered in the left column increase the account balance, while amounts entered in the right column decrease the balance (for more about this, see <xref linkend="basics-transactions2"/>). Tab or click the next split line and repeat the process. Note that if you are using the keyboard to navigate the transaction, use<keycap> Tab</keycap> to move from field to field, as using <keycap>Enter</keycap> will commit the transaction and create splits to an Imbalance account.</para>
<para>When creating a transaction in <application>&app;</application>, splits can be entered in any order.
However, when the transaction is closed (either when leaving the transaction, or when
More information about the gnucash-changes