gnucash ideas - (fwd)

Richard Wackerbarth rkw@dataplex.net
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:52:45 -0500

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, jholland@gears.linuxave.net wrote:
> Also my Quicken data came across pretty well - so far I discovered only
> one problem - split transactions get truncated to one of the split values.

Are you sure? There are various display modes for the registers. Some of them
hide details that are actually there, but not displayed.

If you truely think that something has gotten lost, we would appreciate seing
the QIF entries in question.

Bill has spent a lot of effort to properly process any QIF file that is
reasonably formatted. (You won't believe how many ways there to "almost"
generate proper files. I think that every program has it's own unique way of
missing the standard.) Even so, most files are processed correctly.

If you have found an exception, we'll try to fix that case too.