gnucash ideas - (fwd)

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 14:02:36 +1000 (EST)

jholland@gears.linuxave.net writes:

 > Perhaps someone on the last can speak to Scheme I/O functions to load/save
 > values from files (dbs? engine??) that could be associated in a report
 > somehow.
 >
 > I took my first look at Scheme the other night and first look at reports
 > in gnucash tonight so don't expect a lot from me (at least right now).

This is one of the things that Scheme makes easy (because most Scheme
data structures can be trivially converted to and from an "external
representation" that is ridiculously easy to import and export.  The
options interface uses this ability, and we'll probably use the
options infrastructure for saving reports.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net