new text format for HTML files?

Yannick LE NY y-le-ny@ifrance.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:32:53 +0000

I have begin to correct the french docs in html and use only the HTML
tags
in english docs.The result: 5 hours for xacc-about.
I hope to finish before the next week-end.
And I have also the french website to update, big work.

Yannick

Christopher Browne said :

> I've run through the French docs twice, mapping a bunch of stuff,
> and then giving up and starting over in hopes of getting it to go
> a little more cleanly the next time.  It hasn't been getting
> much cleaner, unfortunately.
>
> I wrote a DSSSL script that will transform HTML tags into
> DocBook tags; it is _not_ a complete translation, by any means,
> does _no_ handling of <DIV> entries, which appear to be in fairly
> major use in the French docs, and expects itemized lists like:
> <ul>
>   <li> this
>   <li> that
>   <li> other thing
> </ul>
> to be set up as such, whereas the HTML files seem to do a lot of
> physical formatting looking like:
>
> Any portions where tagging has been "abused" by using tags for other
> than what they were intended for because some web browser happens to
> render things "attractively" winds up requiring that that whole
section
> get retagged from scratch.
>
> It looks like there is no _significant_ shortcut over retagging much
of
> it by hand.

ok, I do it

> Furthermore, I haven't yet seriously looked at accent handling.

Ok, I will verify it

> The English docs were in pretty readily transformed form; the
> French form will take a _lot_ more work...

a _lot_ more work... : I think a_lot_more and a_lot_more work :(

message envoye depuis http://www.ifrance.com
emails (pop)-sites persos (espace illimite)-agenda-favoris (bookmarks)-forums
Ecoutez ce message par tel ! : 08 92 68 92 15 (france uniquement)