Importing from CBB?

Jason Rennie jrennie@ai.mit.edu
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 00:59:55 -0400

fpmi@home.com said:
> While it is good to see the incremental progress importing
> Quicken-generated QIF files, I have been unable to import data
> exported by CBB.  Is this a  known problem?  Are there any
> restrictions on CBB's output that might aid importing into GnuCash?

So, when I moved from CBB to GNUCash, I found CBB's QIF export mechanism
to be ever-so-slightly buggy.  The problem is that QIF files that CBB
produces don't begin with an exclamation point.  Besides that, they're
perfect good QIF files.  I found that I could take the QIF files that CBB
created, add a `!' to the beginning of each file and readily import them
into GNUCash without any trouble.

Jason