Startup behaviour

Keith Refson Keith.Refson@earth.ox.ac.uk
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 10:58:41 +0100 (BST)

I don't quite understand gnucash's startup behaviour, where it reads
the default accounts file from.

I see two different behaviours depending on how I start it.

1) If I start it from a terminal window, it comes up reading my
   default accounts file.

2) If I start it from my KDE desktop , I get an error window with the
   message "The file   /home/keith/.gnucash/data/%s could not be
   found". Howver I can find the accounts file under the "File" menu.

Any ideas why the startup behaviour might be environment-sensitive
like this?  I'm running under KDE 1.1.2 on a Sparc Solaris 8 system.

Keith Refson

--
Dr Keith Refson,        "Paradigm is a word too often used by those who would
Dept of Earth Sciences      like to have a new idea but cannot think of one."