Installation guidance

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:27:56 -0700 (PDT)

  We're running a Red Hat 6.1 network here and we want to use gnucash for
our personal finances (we have another -- quite expensive -- accounting
package for the business).

  I downloaded the rpm for gnucash-1.4.5. When I tried to install it, I
found a bunch of depencies missing. All but one are installed on the server,
but were not installed via packages. The missing one was guile. So, I went
to the rpm repository and got the latest guile-1.4.2.

  The guile-1.4.2 installation failed for lack of umb-scheme. So, I went
back to the repository and collected umb-scheme-3.2-9 (the -12 is apparently
for RH 6.2). umb-scheme installed. But, when I try to run gnucash from the
command line:

[root@salmo rshepard]# gnucash
gnucash: error in loading shared libraries: libgtkxmhtml.so.1: cannot open

  Will someone please tell me what packages I need to get? I'd really like
to replace cbb with a double-entry system, but this is kind of silly.

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)