queries

Amit Sathe nsathe@ip.eth.net
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:34:52 +0530

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C012B9.5E92C2A0

I have installed Gnucash  recently and it is working fine on my machine. =
I have been using similar packages for some time now ( like Tally made =
by Tally software, India) and a comparison became imminent.
So are the following features available in Gnucash ?
1. Can you separate one financial years' accounts from another years ? =
can i close my books of accounts ? or is is not necessary ?
2. The balance sheet gives a "net amount" ( or something similar ) . =
what does it mean ? to my mind a balance shows assets and liabilties and =
they should be equal. but such totals are not available in GNUCASH .

anyway thanks in anticipation..

Amit
Be a part of the Linux movement. Visit http://www.plug.org.in for more =
information
Linux - is where  you want to go tomorrow..

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C012B9.5E92C2A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have installed Gnucash&nbsp; recently =
and it is=20
working fine on my machine. I have been using similar packages for some =
time now=20
( like Tally made by Tally software, India) and a comparison became=20
imminent.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So&nbsp;are the following features =
available in=20
Gnucash ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1. Can you separate one financial =
years' accounts=20
from another years ? can i close my books of accounts ? or is is not =
necessary=20
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>2. The balance sheet gives a "net =
amount" ( or=20
something similar ) . what does it mean ? to my mind a balance shows =
assets and=20
liabilties and they should be equal. but such totals are not available =
in=20
GNUCASH .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>anyway thanks in =
anticipation..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Amit</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
a part of the Linux movement. Visit <A=20
href=3D"http://www.plug.org.in">http://www.plug.org.in</A> for more=20
information<BR>Linux - is where&nbsp; you want to go=20