Quicken Import Issues

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:26:24 -0500

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 04:15:52PM -0500, Carol Champagne wrote:
> 1.  In Quicken, my reconciled data shows up with an "R" in the "Clr"
> field.  However, the same data shows up in Gnucash with a "c" in that
> field, and Gnucash seems to interpret this as unreconciled.  I have
> several thousand transactions, so reconciling them all again would
> take a while!

This is a problem with the current QIF importer.  I am having to
rewrite much of it to support the new currency and numeric
representations that are going into gnucash, and this will get fixed
during that process.  There should be a patch with the first set of
these changes within the next couple of weeks.

You can fix this by hand surprisingly fast, though; the down arrow and
the space bar work in the reconcile dialog so you don't have to mouse
at all :)

> 2.  The Import "Select" function doesn't allow loading of multiple
> QIF files, so it is cumbersome if you are importing several files.

The QIF importer's user interface is soon going to be completely
different from what you have seen, but unfortunately the direction
it's going will make your complaint even worse; it's more of a
"wizard" format, and you don't see the file list at all on the page
where you select the next file to load.

could you clarify what you mean by "working like an ftp program"?
The only ftp program I use is lftp :)

Thanks
Bill Gribble