Performance improvement for xml loads (+comments)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
05 Dec 2000 19:13:40 -0500

That's still not a fair comparrison.  I can go compress the
old binary format, too.  Let's compare apples to apples here
and leave file compression out of it.

Besides, if you compress the data, you lose random-access into
the file ;)

Seriously, I'm not against having XML import/export, but I don't
think it's a reasonable primary data format.

-derek