DxaccPrintAmount returns always absolute value?

Christian Stimming stimming@uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:02:50 -0800

Hi,

I recently discovered that all amounts in, say, the Profit and Loss Report
are positive. Somehow all minus signs disappeared... and this happens in
the function

  DxaccPrintAmount (double dval, GNCPrintAmountInfo info)

by calling

  val = double_to_gnc_numeric (ABS (dval), 10000, GNC_RND_ROUND);

Is it intentional that there will be no negative amounts printed? The
respective scheme function, gnc:amount->string-helper, is nothing more
than a wrapper for DxaccPrintAmount right now, so one of these two
funtions should probably be changed.

It seems that the absolute value in DxaccPrintAmount was checked in CVS
with the following log entry:
revision 1.6
date: 2000/11/08 10:53:35;  author: peticolas;  state: Exp;  lines: +44 -74
More numerics conversions.

So, Dave, how do we get the negative amounts into the reports?

Christian