Performance improvement for xml loads (+comments)

Rob Browning rlb@cs.utexas.edu
07 Dec 2000 12:51:00 -0600

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> Besides, if you compress the data, you lose random-access into
> the file ;)

We never have, and probably never will use that, so it's not relevant
IMO.

> Seriously, I'm not against having XML import/export, but I don't
> think it's a reasonable primary data format.

We're going to use SQL in the medium run.

XML solves our current problems, and with compression, doesn't
introduce any new ones, other than speed, which I think we can address
adequately for the hopefully short period of time before we get SQL
working, so I don't see the point in worrying about anything else...