Format implementations

Bruin, Bolke de B.deBruin@tijdbeursmedia.nl
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:05:03 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C06383.BD188420

It has been a while since I have been coding any
C/C++, but I will be glad to provide information
and to collaborate with you (the developers) to
make things work, maybe even contribute some code.
Btw the Quicken-OFX implemenation is very similiar
to html (it is actually a derivative of sgml)
, except for the tags being used and its
format is somewhat clearer.

Unfortunately I do not have any *client* code,
but I do have log files which should make it
pretty much as easy as possible to implement it.
For your conveniance I have attached some log
file. The whole correspondance between server-client
is included.

I do have the request/response mechanism document,
but only in printed form. I should have it in PDF
somewhere, but I dont know where at the moment :-)

-- about the format

Most important is that the (quicken-)client always
wants to know the content-length and the content-type
should be application/ofx (protocol being used is http/1.1)
When something goes wrong at the server side
the server returns a "400 Bad Request" content-type: text/plain
with a response body describing the error.
When the server is unavailable a "500s Server error" is returned

I am even able to provide you with information how
to validate against a validation server.

Please have a look at the PHP4 server I wrote
which should be self-explanatory.
http://www.smooc.org/projects/quicken

Let me know what information you need. Maybe I'll try to write
some skeleton code, but I am very busy at the moment
so please dont get your hopes up too much.

Bolke

N.B. I can deliver different formats of QIX files (although
I am not sure if they are all that different). Please also
remember that the American Quicken-OFX format differs from the
European one and I do not have access to that information
(it's not that different though)