File store (was Re: Salutations)

David Merrill dmerrill@lupercalia.net
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:23:30 -0500

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 06:18:30AM +1000, Phillip J Shelton wrote:
> David Merrill wrote:
>
> > Question: What if you really *need* to go back and correct data in the
> > prior year?
>
> If the change is to the money amount then the book I own says that you make a
> transaction dated at the time you find the error that undoes the wrong data and
> then enter another transaction that puts the correct data in.

That makes perfect sense. You cannot edit a transaction once the
period has been closed, but you *can* record an adjusting entry.
Thanks.

Linux Documentation Project                dmerrill@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

Cheit's Lament:
	If you help a friend in need, he is sure to remember you--
	the next time he's in need.