Balance Checkpoints

Phillip Shelton shelton@usq.edu.au
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:50:22 +1000

Ok. So our example of 1000's of transactions in a day is unrealistic.

However, just because it is unrealistic does not mean it does not have a
bearing on the present problem.  I will try to recast what I can see as a
realistic concern.

When can we consider that all of today's, this weeks, this months,
transactions have finally been entered?

I can see myself trying to enter a months worth of data late on the
10th-early on the 11th of the following month just before I reconcile to my
bank statement.  (I know, I am terribly lazy).  I suppose I am asking how
does the database know that the balance record is/has to be the last
transaction of the day?

Could I ask for the possibility of putting time in for the transactions as
well as there are times when I want a particular order for the transactions
otherwise it looks like I have overdrawn as the transaction that has the
increase happens to fall after the transaction that takes out more than I
had before the increase.

Phill