DB design document

David Merrill dmerrill@lupercalia.net
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:54:40 -0500

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 03:09:50PM +1000, Phillip Shelton wrote:
> Depends on how you use groupings. Are we going to allow someone to have an
> account that is part of credit and part of clothes, part of sport, part of
> hobbies ...
>
> There was a question some time ago about being able to get away from having
> a tree of accounts and moving to a connected graph.  This was to allow for
> different types of reports.
>
> The example was safety clothes for a sport. Was it a clothes expense or a
> sport expense and why could it not be both.

That's not terribly hard to implement, but we need to decide now. It
would be very hard to change once implemented and in production. My
design now does not allow for this, per comments from other folks.

Linux Documentation Project                dmerrill@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

Under the full moon light we dance
Spirits dance, we dance