newbie/sm bus

Rob Browning rlb@cs.utexas.edu
20 Dec 2000 15:25:46 -0600

lee <lee@imyourhandiman.com> writes:

> can gnucash be used at moment ( ever? ) in way similar to
> quicken,,,in that I don't have to deal with double entry..i believe
> I understand its usefullness but for my sm business it seems
> overkill..

Not precisely, but you can just create a few misc accounts and get the
same effect.  i.e. create misc-expense, and put all expenses in that
category.  However, if you want to keep track of "categorized"
expenses, then you have to create an expense account for each
category, but I can't see how that's *any* harder than creating
categories in quicken.  As long as you don't do something silly like
trying to open up one of these expense accounts, you can just go
along, blissfully pretending like they're just categories.

Is that not sufficient?