DB design document

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:58:13 -0800

David Merrill writes:

> > In the past yes, but now they are set to the date you choose
> > in the 'reconciliation info' window that pops up when you
> > start a reconciliation. By default, it is the current date.
>
> So when you go back to complete a reconciliation the date will already
> be filled in, right?

Well, no, because right now you can't 'postpone' a reconciliation.
So this is a good time to bring it up, because I want to implement
that feature.

I think it's pretty straightforward, but I'll write it up here to
make sure I'm not missing anything.

Currently, the reconcile dialog is all-or-nothing. Either you finish
the reconciliation, or nothing is changed. Here is my plan for postponing
a reconciliation:

1. When you start a reconciliation, all splits which are marked cleared
are automatically checked off as reconciled in the dialog (not in the
engine). Currently, no splits are automatically checked off.

2. If you choose to postpone a reconciliation, instead of finish,
   instead of marking checked off splits as reconciled, they are
   marked as cleared.

   Furthermore, any additional information associated with the
   reconciliation (currently just the date, but could include
   other things in the future) is stored using kvp data associated
   with the account.

3. When a reconciliation is resumed, the cleared splits will
   automatically be marked off and the stored data will be
   used to recreate the state where you left off.

dave