DB design document

David Merrill dmerrill@lupercalia.net
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:48:33 -0500

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:03:13PM -0800, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> "Phillip Shelton" writes:
> > <quote>
> > ACCOUNT
> > -------
> > account_guid                    char    32
> > parent_account_guid             char    32      -> account.account_guid
> > group_guid                      char    32      -> account_group.group_guid
> > account_type                    integer         ->
> > account_types.acct_type_code
> > account_code                    char    20      a mnemonic for the user
> > account_name                    text            bank, lienholder, etc.
> > description                     text            long explanation of the
> > account
> > commodity_guid                  char    32      ->
> > commodities.commodity_guid
> > balance                         rational
> > cleared_balance                 rational
> > reconciled_balance              rational
> > share_balance                   rational
> > share_cleared_balance           rational
> > share_reconciled_balance        rational
> > commodity_scu                   integer         smallest convertible unit
> >
> > kvp_data                                        ???
> > </quote>
> >

> > should there be a smallest convertible unit for the security(damount) as
> > well as for the commodity?  Or do only splits have securities?
>
> You're right, there should be one for both.

I'm trying to come up with a way to not require both of those fields.
Very possibly I will be unable to, but we'll see. :-)

Linux Documentation Project                dmerrill@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

Mine is the ecstasy of the spirit
And Mine also is joy on earth.
For My law is love unto all beings.
		-- from The Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente