db stuff

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:08:33 -0600

The big patch I sent to CVS depends on db2 to work (I build an index
of our help files with perl at build time so we can do keyword search
on the help at runtime).  Dave reports that on his system it's unable
to load the help index DB.  If y'all get a message about how a DB file
failed to load, it's no big deal, that just means the help 'search'
feature won't work for you.

dave: I have to leave town and I haven't had a chance to look at the
DB code in gnome-libs you suggested.  I'll be gone Thurs--Tues ; if
you haven't fixed it by then I will when I get back.

Also: you may see bug reports about reports crashing gnucash.  They
do: it's a recently-introduced bug in gtkhtml that blows big meaty
chunks of SIGSEGV if you have HTML defining empty table rows.  The bug
fix has been checked into gtkhtml CVS but itsn't in the released
version.

I will have sporadic email access (thank god for the Visor modem) but
no real net access until Tuesday.

b.g.