Access Controls

David Merrill dmerrill@lupercalia.net
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:54:11 -0500

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 01:29:12PM -0800, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> David Merrill writes:
> >
> > Yes, I am trying to do it this way if I can. It is decidedly
> > nontrivial and may not make it into the first release. I am already
> > becoming rather ruthless about cutting things.
> >
> > I *do* keep a complete auditing trail, so changes *can* be reversed.
>
> That's very nice. By 'complete' do you mean that changes are kept
> permananetly? Could they be used to 'backup' to a previous state
> (allowing the user to, say, specify a particular date/time they
> want to back up to?).

Theoretically, yes, you should be able to back up any arbitrary number
of steps. I don't plan on implementing this functionality for the time
being, though. I might change my mind, who knows? How bad do you want
it? ;-)

Linux Documentation Project                dmerrill@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

I give the knowledge of the spirit eternal
And beyond death I give peace and freedom
And reunion with those that have gone before.
		-- from The Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente