How do I get the top-level HTML widget from a gnc_report_window?

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 09:13:18 +1100

Bill Gribble writes:
 > On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 01:56:45PM +1100, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
 > > Bill, I'm busily working on the pane code, and I need to get the
 > > actual widget from a gnc_report_window and shove it in a container.
 > >
 > > How do I do so?
 >
 > You do it the other way 'round: pass it the container (must be a
 > GtkContainer) as the argument to the gnc_report_window constructor.
 >
 > If you really need to do it the other way I can add the
 > infrastructure, but ATM when you create the report window it gets
 > realized and shown so it need to know where it's going in advance.

Bill, if I split a pane, obviously I can either destroy the original
gnc_report_window and create two new ones, or I can reparent one and
create one new one.  If possible, I'd prefer the latter option.

I'm blocked on this, so I'll have a look at the code and see if I can
add the infrastructure myself.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.