Build trouble: Unknown library `libguppi'

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
30 Dec 2000 22:43:43 -0500

 Eric> I'm unable to build the latest (0200 GMT 31 December) Gnucash,
 Eric> perhaps because I don't have a "guppi" library.  When I do
 Eric> "./configure", all is well until I see

 Eric>     checking for ghttp_request_new in -lghttp... yes Unknown
 Eric>     library `libguppi' Unknown library `libguppi' ./configure:
 Eric>     LIBGUPPI_CHECK: command not found

 Eric> And when I build, I see these errors:

 Eric>     Making all in doc-tools make[2]: Entering directory
 Eric>     `/usr/src/gnucash/doc-tools' make[2]: *** No rule to make
 Eric>     target `all'.
 Eric> ...
 Eric>     Making all in gnome make[3]: Entering directory
 Eric>     `/usr/src/gnucash/src/gnome' ...  top-level.c:29:
 Eric>     libguppitank/guppi-tank.h: No such file or directory
 Eric>     make[3]: *** [top-level.o] Error 1

 Eric> Now, I got the guppi library as a Debian package
 Eric> (guppi_0.34.5-1_i386.deb) from gnome.org, and installed it.
 Eric> I'd have thought that would suffice to make gnucash happy, but
 Eric> apparently it doesn't.

 Eric> Any ideas of how I can get past this?

Newest guppi is in the unstable dist or you can get the three packages
(guppi, libguppi8, libguppi-dev) at
http://jimdres.home.mindspring.com.  The libguppi-dev package doesn't
have good dependancies yet, so you'll have to make sure the following
are installed:

libart-dev, gdk-imlib-dev, libaudiofile-dev, libbonobo-dev,
libdb2-dev, libesd0-dev | libesd-alsa0-dev, libgdk-pixbuf-gnome-dev,
libgdk-pixbuf-dev, libglade0-dev, libglade-gnome0-dev,
libgnomeprint-dev, libgnorba-dev, libguile9-dev, libjpeg62-dev,
libncurses5-dev, liboaf-dev, liborbit-dev, libpng2-dev,
libreadline4-dev, libtiff3g-dev, libxml-dev, libzvt-dev

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!
@    http://jimdres.home.mindspring.com |  Linux is kewl!