Italian translation

Mirko Nasato mirko.nasato@libero.it
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 02:24:33 +0000

Hi everybody and thanks for the great work you're doing with GnuCash.

I tried out GnuCash 1.5.0 a few days ago an was very impressed, so
started on an Italian translation.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to subscribe to this list and read
about "services migration" at gnucash.org, so waited a few days.

Now I am here, but found in the archives that there is already an
ongoing Italian translation. Nevermind, we can join our efforts
and make a better output. :)

Besides, I think we should translate the manual, too.
BTW, are GnuCash manuals written direcly in HTML? No SGML of some
(other) sort?

Finally, I had no problems having the translation working. After
creating the it.po file, here is what I did:

  $ msgfmt -o it.mo it.po
  $ cp it.mo /usr/local/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/gnucash.mo
  $ LANG=it gnucash

See if this helps, Alessandro.

Regards,

-- Mirko Nasato