quotes

Paul Fenwick pjf@internal.schools.net.au
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:21:49 +1000

--H1spWtNR+x+ondvy

G'day Dave, Rob and GnuCashers,

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 09:55:32PM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:

> gnc-prices will still be a separate executable, but it will be invoked
> from Gnucash and use standard input/output to communicate with the
> main program. gnc-prices will no longer modify the database directly,
> it will just be an interface to Quote.pm. Basically, it will just
> translate Quote.pm output into scheme forms.

Okay.  That makes perfect sense, and I think is quite a good idea.

> I think Rob is pretty far along with the switch. He might need some
> help with using the new OO framework in gnc-prices and using the new
> failover mechanism, though.

The new failover mechanism is pretty easy, simply use fetch and
request by market or region (eg, "nasdaq" or "usa") and not by
the underlying source (eg, "yahoo"), and failovers will kick-in
automatically if available. =20

Man-pages area available online at
<http://sourceforge.net/docman/index.php?group_id=3D4232>, and I'm
very happy to answer questions and/or review code.

I'll work on rolling in F::Q 1.0 into the GnuCash tree over the
weekend.

Cheers,

	Paul

--=20
Paul Fenwick <pjf@cpan.org>         | "When I see an adult on a bicycle,
http://www.advogato.net/person/pjf  |  I have a hope for the human race."
PGP KeyID: 0xB1479E55               |      -- H.G. Wells

--H1spWtNR+x+ondvy

--H1spWtNR+x+ondvy--