Working more closely with GNOME

Maciej Stachowiak mjs@eazel.com
19 Jul 2000 20:14:19 -0700

Hi guys,

My name is Maciej Stachowiak, I'm a GNOME Hacker (working mainly on
Nautilus, the next-generation GNOME file manager) and a member of the
GNOME Steering Committe. GnuCash seems to be one of the nicest
general-interest GNOME apps out there, but it

I'd like to see closer involvement of the GnuCash developers with the
GNOME project as a whole. Here are some specific steps that I think
could help move towards this goal:

* Target getting GnuCash into a GNOME release or GNOME Office release
  (once those are separate) eventually.

* Have GnuCash contributors get involved in the GNOME Foundation,
  which is now being formed as an umbrella organization for various
  GNOME-affiliated projects. It will likely include some projects that
  are not strictly GNOME-only, such as Gtk+ and possibly Sawfish.

* Hang out on the relevant mailing lists, flame, make suggestions for
  the libraries, etc.

 - Maciej