Remarks on GnuCash 1.4.1 (fwd)

Dave Peticolas peticola@krondo.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:07:06 -0700

Volker writes:
> > Hello Linas,
> >
> > I'm now using GnuCash 1.4.1 on a SuSE Linux 6.1 system for about 2 weeks
> > and want to make some remarks:
> >
> > 1. When I started GnuCash in german language, the Report submenu didn't
> > appear. I changed the word "_Reports" to "_Berichte" in report.scm and
> > then it worked (but only in german language!).

Hm, I can't reproduce this on 1.4.2. I can run GnuCash in the German
locale and get the Reports menu, suitably translated. What version of
gnome-libs are you using? What are your locale variables set to?
Thanks.

> > 2. The display in the report window looks quite strange. All tables are
> > much wider than they should be. The reports are readable only when I
> > export them to HTML and watch them with an external Browser.

Could you send me a screenshot of one of your reports with some fake data?

> > 3. The list of recently used files doesn't appear when language is set
> > to german.

This is probably caused by the same problem as in 1. We just have to
figure out what :)

> > 4. The currency used in the status bar at the bottom seems to be
> > influenced only by the language setting. I'm using EUR but the status
> > bar always says DM.

There is work on improving the status bar display in the development
series.

thanks,
dave