mortgage and loan calculators

Dave Peticolas peticola@krondo.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:34:29 -0700

Brian London writes:
> I couldn't help but notice that no one is currently assigned to this
> piece of functionality.  I could probably crank something out pretty
> fast.  I think the best way for me to proceed would be to write a set of
> functions which create the calculator windows and let someone else add
> the menus (or whatever) to the application to call them.  Would that be
> helpful?  Could someone else merge the calculator functions into the
> existing source tree?

There are calculator functions in the source tree now thanks
to Terry Boldt -- they are in src/calculation in current CVS.
I have implemented a first pass at one of the calculator
windows now -- you can access it from the 'Tools' menu.

There still needs to be a window for creating an amortization
schedule, but that code is in src/calculation also, it just needs
a GUI. If you'd like to work on it, please let me know. If you do,
please read the src/calculation/README file first.

thanks,
dave