Proposal for modifying gnucash to use exact quantities

Clark Jones jones@inficad.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:16:02 -0700

Rob Walker wrote:

> Clark> Bill Gribble wrote: [...]
>
> >> 1. gnc_commodity knows about the smallest possible transactional
> >> unit for trading the commodity (for example, 1/100 of a US Dollar
> >> or 1/1000 of a mutual fund share).
>
> Clark> I hate to quibble with Gribble :-), but in actuallity the bill
> Clark> establishing the Dollar as the U.S. currency (written by Thomas
> Clark> Jefferson) defines the "mill" -- which is 1/1000 of a
> Clark> U.S. Dollar -- though the only places where you're likely to
> Clark> run into it is at the gas pump and calculating real estate
> Clark> taxes.  (The same act established a number of other interesting
> Clark> things, too, though they're not relevant to the current
> Clark> discussion.)
>
> got an URL to that interesting stuff?
>
> rob

Unfortunately I don't have it handy.  I'm not sure I actually saw it on the
net, but I'll try to see tomorrow if I have a bookmark at the office.  If
so, I'll post it here.

						Clark
--
Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed herein are mine and not necessarily
those of anyone else.  (As if anyone else would want them!)

Internet: jones@inficad.com		RF: KI7TU
ICBM: 33 22' 01" N 111 43' 52" W	Home Page: www.inficad.com/~jones