Reconciliation in 1.4.3, and other issues

Adrian Cox adrian@gallimaufry.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:54:26 +0100

I've just got 1.4.3 from Helixcode, and the reconciliation problem that
stopped
me using 1.4.0 is still present. I've imported a large number of QIF
files from
Quicken 6 SE, and all the data is in the register intact. The problem is
quite
simple: the starting balance of each account in the reconcile window is
0.00,
even though the cleared balance in the register window is correct.

This means that I can never successfully reconcile. I suggest that when
importing the starting balance should be set equal to the cleared
balance.
Are there any cases in which the starting balance should not be equal to
the cleared balance?

I've got one user interface suggestion as well. In the import dialog for
QIF
files, each time I use the select button the file selector starts in my
home
directory (where the Gnome panel started gnucash). This makes the
process of
importing a large batch of QIF files from another directory awkward.
It's
also the first impression of Gnucash that a Quicken user will get.

Enough complaints. I actually like the auto-single mode of the register
window.

- Adrian
ps. Please cc me, as I'm not on the development list.
pps. Yet. At some point I may have to back suggestions up with code.