Proposal for modifying gnucash to use exact quantities

Terry tboldt@attglobal.net
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:42:37 -0400

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, you wrote:

> Bill's proposal is to implement operations on a representation that can
> express not only integral SCUs, but more general expressions. In using this
> representation, it will be necessary to add appropriate constraints and
> conversions to assure that the stored values never represent a value which is
> not an integral number of SCUs.
> On the other hand, my proposal is to store these amounts as integral SCUs and
> implement the arithmatic operations within the few financial operations that
> we will actually use.

Richard, I'm curious (sometimes fatal :-) ) Bill has put together a fairly
detailed proposal and implementation using rationals. I haven't seen a similar
single discription and corresponding implementation on your proposal.

I don't mean comments (such as review the archive). Do you have anything to
put up alongside Bill's proposal and implementation?

If you have posted such a document then I must have missed it, could you repost
or send me a copy. I would be very interested in reading it.