Tools for the HTML manuals

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:52:26 +1000 (EST)

Christopher Browne writes:
 > Should we have HTML, or SGML in the source tree? is the question.
 >
 > - If both, then there is the risk that someone may modify the HTML,
 > and then watch it get overwritten the next time someone upstream runs
 > "make," and builds fresh HTML.
 >
 > - If only SGML, then that forces anyone that gets a CVS archive
 > to add yet another component to those that they install.

And the people who will scream most loudly are those who are trying to
build gnucash on anything other than Linux or *BSD, as they will
probably have to build those components themselves.

While I would prefer to have only SGML in the source tree, I suspect
we may have to live with both.  Dave can comment when he gets back.

 > I'm liable to generate something complex enough to be worth
 > looking at closely, but won't be doing anything _bizarrely_
 > complex.

Cool, we'll save that for if and when we corbify the engine . . .

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net