Tools for the HTML manuals

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 00:43:41 +1000 (EST)

Ralf Gorholt writes:
 > Hi Robert,
 >
 > I had already started the translation of some of the HTML pages into german
 > before I left for my holidays. Now that I am back I have again some time to
 > continue. Niklaus Giger has already contacted me in the past and asked to
 > coordinate our work. So, if a decision is taken as far as the format of the
 > documentation is concerned, please let me know. I don't know anything about
 > DocBook or any other tools, so I had the intention just to translate the
 > HTML pages. Of course, I don't know if this is the best way, but it seemed
 > to me a good idea, because the structure of the pages could remain the same
 > for the english and the german version.

No decision has been taken yet, and any decision will of course be
made in consultation with the list.

I would imagine, however, that the translation work can go ahead
anyway.  If we do convert to DocBook, Christopher Browne has said he
has a tool to semi-automate the conversion - he might even be kind
enough to lend it to us :)

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net