Tools for the HTML manuals

Jason Rennie jrennie@ai.mit.edu
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:07:50 -0400

trow@emccta.com said:
> This isn't all that hard to do with a bit of autoconf/automake magic:
> with a bit of tweaking, you can get the generated files into the
> tarball that "make dist" creates.  (If you have trouble, e-mail me and
> I'll tell you the mysterious invocation needed to get this to work.)

This is definitely the "right thing" to do.  SGML should be the only
thing in the source CVS yet there's no reason to require the user to
compile SGML into HTML.  HTML isn't platform dependent or anything :)
Adding a few "magic" tricks to the dist rule in Makefile.in (or the
configuration for automake) should make this an easy situation to handle.

Jason D Rennie          www.ai.mit.edu/~jrennie/
MIT:  (617) 253-5339          jrennie@ai.mit.edu
MITRE: (781) 271-7249          jrennie@mitre.org