Duplicate transactions when importing QIG

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 11:15:03 -0500

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 04:57:53PM +0100, Keith Refson wrote:
> What do you have in mind for the full facility?  A near-miss match
> with a query window?

My current thought is that we'd have a two-column window that's a
distant cousin of the reconcile window.  For each imported transaction
(possibly listed on the left side of the dialog), you have a set of
possible matches in your existing accounts (listed on the right side,
where the list changes when you select a new left-side transaction),
based on various heuristic match rules.  You should be able to
indicate which of the presented choices matches up with your import
transaction or just accept a "best guess".  Any matched transactions
would be merged in (to include any new information in the imported
xtn) and (optionally, I guess) marked as "cleared".

This is all pretty speculative at this point, but most of the tools to
do this are there.

b.g.