QIF importer in 1.4.7 fails to detect duplicate transactions

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:35:21 -0800

Derek Atkins writes:

> I suppose I see the QIF importer (and a future OFX importer, but I'm
> not as interested in doing that work right now) as more than just a
> means to convert from using Quicken to using GnuCash.  I'd like to use
> it to be able to continuously download information from my online
> banking sources and merge them into my GnuCash account information.
>
> I'm not sure whether I want to use QIF imports to just add new
> transactions or perhaps to 'clear' existing transactions.  In the
> shorter term, I think I only need the former, but the latter would
> probably be an added bonus (perhaps related to the user-input for
> matching existing transactions).

Using QIFs from banks and not just Quicken exports has definitely been
among our goals all along.  It's just a lot harder to do, and importing
a big Quicken file is a typical "first thing" for many new users so the
Quicken importing was done first.

dave