Newbie build problems

Ryan Hinton rhinton@inari.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:39:39 -0700

I'd like to work on gnucash, but I can't get configure to finish.  I've
been trying to install the latest gtk, glib, g-wrap, and guile with no
avail.  The last few lines of the failed configure run are as follows:

checking for jpeg_read_scanlines in -ljpeg... yes
checking for png_read_image in -lpng... yes
checking for XpmReadFileToXpmImage in -lXpm... yes
/configure: gnome-config: command not found
checking gtk-xmhtml/gtk-xmhtml.h... configure: error: Cannot find
gtk-xmhtml.h.  See the README for more info.

I've checked the README, and AFAIK, I have all the packages required.
Any help would be appreciated.  (NOTE: please send directly to me at
mailto:iobass@email.com since I'm not on the list yet.)

Thank you.

---
Ryan Hinton ;-)