Guile hacking -- accessing backtrace environment frames?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Wed, 01 Nov 2000 22:06:44 -0800

Rob Browning writes:
> Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:
>
> > To say the least...
> >
> > I can certainly use the "debug-via-printf" debugging method,
> > but I would definitely prefer to have step, trace, and frame
> > level access to debug.
> >
> > I'd certainly appreciate any input anyone has for me?
>
> OK, without me actually testing anything, just poking around, how
> about the "Debugger options" section of the guile info pages?  Does
> that help?  I see there's a way to turn on backtracing on error.  I
> think we may turn that off in gnucash unless the --debug option is
> enabled.

Right. I just checked in some changes to src/guile/gnucash.c.in
that makes running as a shell easier. Now, gnucash loads the same
startup files regardless of whether it's running as a shell or not.
The only difference is whether it invokes gnc:main or drops to the
guile shell.

dave