Perl API

Darren/Torin/Who Ever... torin@daft.com
02 Nov 2000 05:05:14 -0800

Rob Browning, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
>If SWIG does a good job, then yes, but if it's not going to provide a
>good solution, then I'd rather just see each interested group create
>and maintain bindings for that language until/if/unless there's a
>unified solution that actually DTRT.  I don't know enoug about SWIG
>these days to know the answer to that.

Okay.  Well, when the gnucash API stabilizing again, we can evaluate
swig then and see if it's up to our needs.  If not, we'll do other
things.  :)

>Actually, using guile's kinda nice.  We have a lot of control over
>what happens, and how it happens.  For example, I'm about to see about
>adding both dynamic linking (a la "dlopen") so that you can just say

Cool.  I just don't want to have to deal with thinking in -yet- another
language...

Darren
--
<torin@daft.com><http://www.daft.com/~torin/> <torin@debian.org><perl@slut.org>